Download unlimited stock photos!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Red, red wine





A glass of red wine had during dinner with friends tonight :-) As the New Year progresses I have endeavored to make sure that all of my friends know how much they mean to me and how supportive they have been. Every week we have dinner with a couple of friends and we usually share a bottle of wine, lots of laughs, and memories of all kinds over the last few years.

In terms of the photo, I like the colors mostly. The composition leaves something to be desired, looking at it now. But I'd rather drink some more than do a re-shoot ;-) I've learned tonight that glassware (much like metal!) is harder to shoot than one would think. Most especially after you've touched it or taken a sip from the edge and left smudges on it. Darn near impossible to clone smudges too!! It was a quick edit tonight as there are fun times ahead. So--in retrospect--things I would change about the photo: composition...to centered. And the smudges/lighting reflections....just nothing to do about that tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger mk said...

That's really neat that you eat weekly with friends, and even better that you're making an effort to let them know how much they mean. :)

I agree with you on both parts of your critique - neat color but maybe a bit wider (or taller) crop/composition would be nice.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Laurie L. Black said...

Very pretty... makes me want a glass for myself! :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Kiyoko Gotanda said...

haha, here's to having another glass of wine instead of reshooting!

Cheers!

8:43 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

What a nice story to go with the shot. DOF works well to isolate the subject, and I'm in complete agreement about enjoying the moment before further processing the shot.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com