Download unlimited stock photos!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006



A couple nights ago my computer was really acting up. I had to restart it about 6 times, all my programs were taking forever to launch....I don't know what's wrong with it! It's very unusual because I don't have problems with my computer very often at all. After putzing around with it, I finally managed to fix it, but it was a trying night to say the least! So I helped myself to a little of the above ;-)

And today I took a shot of it and am posting it--not only because it's good at fixing computers, but because this particular bottle has sentimental value as well. This is a 1969 bottle of Cutty Sark. Why do I have this?? Well, it had been my grandfather's. He was a lobbyist in Iowa for many years, and though he and my grandma never really drank, they always had a full bar available for entertaining. They had apparently moved their entire stock with them from Iowa to Arkansas many years ago. My grandpa passed away two years ago this March, and while we were going through the house my family was surprised to come across a large collection of unopened liquor. So, weird as it may seem, it's a memento from my grandpa. Luckily for me, I happen to enjoy scotch :-) Now whenever I raise a glass of my "grandpa scotch" I can think of him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kekiinani said...

Very sentimental story. Sometimes you really add meaning to a photo when you have an ejoyable story to go along with it. Thanks for sharing. :)

3:17 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thanks for sharing the story - makes the photo even that more interesting.

8:09 AM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Wow, wonderfull story to go with a good pic, thanks for sharing! :-)

11:17 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

That is a great story. Nice job with the pic, as well!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com