Download unlimited stock photos!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Water droplets





I wanted to try my hand at capturing water droplets in stop motion. After doing some reading and searching the house for a turkey baster I apparently don't really have, I decided to give it a shot! The only light came from the light in my bathroom and my on-camera flash. Usually I'm not a big fan of on-camera flash, but in order to get the shutter speeds necessary to stop the motion, I had to make some concessions.

Decently pleased with the results...not "wowed." Unfortunately, there was nowhere to add extra lights in the bathroom I used. I think maybe tomorrow I will try again in another sink that might allow room for my little halogen worklights.

8 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

I have yet to get a decent shot of a water droplet like this. You done good :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Michael P. Randazzo said...

These are so pretty. Excellent work.

10:48 PM  
Blogger davidsmeaton said...

hi libby

great water drops. nice start to the new year's photo a day challenge. good luck with it! :)

cheers

david
super-dave.com

12:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the second one better. Maybe because with water you expect some blue colour in the shot. The lighting is not so bad, and probably if you wotk with it you will get more "clear water" effect.

2:00 AM  
Blogger talj said...

This is also something I would love to try, you've done really well! Great start to your PAD 2007 :o)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Alain said...

Great start for your 2007 PAD project. I will come back often to see your work.

All the best,

6:45 AM  
Blogger tooohip said...

Water droplets are kool.... ;-) Nice shots!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Laurie L. Black said...

I've always wanted to try water drops, but have never done it. Nice shots!!! :)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com