Download unlimited stock photos!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

My first



Well, it's my first self-portrait! I had wanted to get outside today and take some photos, but it's been nothing but cloudy, overcast, and grey here in Illinois. So I decided to take a brief stroll into the land of self-portraits. Probably not something I'm going to do a lot, as I HATE pictures of me....likely one of the reasons I enjoy taking pictures of other people!

The unedited shots didn't come out quite like I wanted, so I've gone with something of a digital art filter. Was wishing that I had the Draganizer plug in for Photoshop :-) But I used what I had. Tiny bits of saturation, gaussian blur, diffuse glow, levels, USM...all that good stuff.

So..not really one that you frame at your parent's house....but for a dreaded self-portrait....

Well, at least it's done!

*and before midnight too!! :-)*

EDIT-Just realized I hadn't downsized the photo...eek! Sorry bout that. All better now

8 Comments:

Blogger enash said...

It's supposed to clear up for us here in Illinois starting tomorrow. I'm getting tired of the overcast myself. happy hunting when the sun comes out.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This should be on an album cover. Some sort of angsty folk music or something.

-Rin

7:15 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very nice, I still haven't done a self portrait.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Very nice SP. I can't even come close to a decent SP to post on my PaD or anywhere else for tht matter.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good portrait. You should slap that up here for your profile. Good job.

2:49 PM  
Blogger kaye said...

I keep thinking I need to do one of these myself. If mine turns out half as good, I'll be pleased. Well done! And marc is right, you should use it for your profile pic!

4:49 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Oh fantastic! I like this a lot - did you consider black and white for this?

It's a great SP!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bob Rose said...

Really like this one, the wild hair is fab.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com