Download unlimited stock photos!

Thursday, January 18, 2007



On saturday morning, my husband and I will begin to chase a dream of ours :-) We have an appointment with a travel agent to start planning a trip to Italy! It's something we've talked about for a couple of years and are finally putting into action. We don't know exact details yet, but we'd like to go for 14-16 days. The plan is to hit Rome (with Pompeii and Herculaneum), Florence, Assisi, Capri, and Sorrento. Then we'd like to hop over to Greece and hit Olympus and Athens.....cause hey, if you're flying across the world, you might as well see as much as you can :-)

Needless to say, the camera will probably be glued to my face for most of the trip. No worries for filling the PAD on those days ;-)

Before we leave in September, I must secure a good wide angle lens suitable for landscapes.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great trip. I've been to Pompeii and Sorrento - you could easily spend your entire time just around that region. It's an amazing place. Don't forget to relax while you're there, as in not trying to cram in too many sites at once :-)

12:31 AM  
Blogger davidsmeaton said...

italy sounds cool ... hope you have a great trip!

perhaps could have come up with a more interesting photo though, perhaps your wife looking over the top of the book! something funny! :)

cheers
david
super-dave.com

1:43 AM  
Blogger talj said...

wow! sounds like a fantastic trip! I would love the visit Rome! Look forward to hearing the detail intinerary soon! :o)

5:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lucky you!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Mike Holley said...

Make sure you take plenty of cards for all those photo opprtunities...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Congratulations on getting to take your dream vacation. Looking forward to seeing what you discover there.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, this is what I call a trip. I'm planning to go to Greece for couple of years now. No time. Maybe this year? The Italy (particularly Florence) is my dream as well.

4:58 PM  
Blogger TheStick said...

Lucky you! We're taking a quick trip to Vegas this year! I envy you!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

My children went to Italy a couple of years ago...and had a fabulous time.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spent almost 3 yrs in Aviano, Italy. I didn't see a fraction of that. However, I got to experience Italy like no tourist gets to. I miss it. I got to see Piancavalo (ski resort in the mountains) Florence for Christmas shopping in the Piazza, Pisa (not the leaning tower), and Pordenone (where my daughter was born). See italy's sights but take a moment or two and SEE the people. Really take a look at the everyday life. Its an amazing culture!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Ancientimages said...

I was privileged to spend a few days in Naples - yikes over 30 years ago now - and went to Herculaneum. They were still excavating some sites at that time and it was a wonderful experience. You are going to have so much fun!!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com