Download unlimited stock photos!

Monday, January 15, 2007



My husband hunts, and he was kind enough to bring me home a pheasant ruff and some feathers from the last time he was out. These birds are so beautiful to me. When I was younger, my Dad and I would drive the motorcycle through a local forest preserve area and count all the different animals we could see. Deer, of course, and hawks. And there were buffalo (farmed) as well. But the pheasants were something that we were particularly proud of being able to spot from the back of a bike. I remember being so amused at the way they ran, almost like our own Midwest version of the Road Runner. Their little brightly colored heads sticking up out of the prairie grass to watch as we passed.

I don't feel as though I've really captured the colors or the texture that is part of what makes these birds so stunning....so I think I'll keep working on that this week. Didn't really do much to set up this shot, so tomorrow I'll try a different lens (shot this with 50mm) like my macro and add some different lights....or any lights really :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've been so bad about commenting in your PAD, Libby. So sorry about that - I think you're the one who got me started this year with mine, too, or at least gave me the idea to keep going. This feather shot is really nice. I love the colors and detail! I'll be back!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the warm shadows in this one. And the ampount of detail is very good. Lovely and a bit abstract composition.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful feathers!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mike Holley said...

I'm with Rennie on this one... wonderful warm hues, good detail and dof.

5:27 PM  
Blogger asim said...

this is great! the detail, textures, and colors are very well represented.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had to look closely to see what they were. Lovely golds. I would love to see a pheasant someday.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com