Download unlimited stock photos!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

PAW Week 2




This is my friend Shoshanna :-) She is an AMAZING artist who does work that really touches my spirit. Currently she's challenging herself to do 50 watercolors in 50 days...something I couldn't even conceive of. It seems hard enough just to snap a photo every day--I cannot imagine creating what she does on a daily basis. She's a full-time artist, creating spectacular visions for the rest of us to enjoy. Please, please take the time to visit her site at the link below and see some of her watercolors:


http://www.shoshannabauer.com

*EDIT* Until I figure out how to make a hyperlink work, the above is the site address if you're interested in checking out her watercolors. From there you can also find a link to her prints for sale....amazing work! I'm ordering the Phoenix print as soon as I decide on canvas or watercolor paper.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ancientimages said...

Libby, the link didn't take... However, your portraits of her are very nice. And congratulations to your Bears!!!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted so much to see the watercolors! simply amazing portraits!

12:42 AM  
Blogger Mike Holley said...

Wow... I wish I could take portraits like this. Wonderful lighting.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Abbott said...

Thanks Mike :-) That really means a lot, particularly as I've been feeling so much like I'm struggling with lighting. This shoot was done with two worklamps from Home Depot, bounced off of white foam board.

As much as I hate to admit it, the bounced light makes a HUGE difference in portraiture. I would strongly recommend trying it out if you haven't already.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Shoshanna said...

http://www.shoshannabauer.com/blog/

link click on this to see Shoshanna Bauer's art
That should be a better link ;)

Btw Libby this is an official request to use one of those photos in my profiles for both the various websites I've got going.
Would that be ok with you?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com