Download unlimited stock photos!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007




For some reason or another, one of the things I really enjoy in life is more "old fashioned" writing. I learned calligraphy in 4th grade and still enjoy it. I'm trying to practice learning different scripts and fonts, though it's not always easy going. But to me, there's something special about a bottle of ink and a pen to dip in it. It feels like it gives any written word more weight, more meaning.

So here's my attempt to capture my feather pen & ink.

5 Comments:

Blogger talj said...

Lovely images, nice DOF and good detail!! I could do with someone like you to write my signature on these mounts! I want to give a couple of prints to some friends but my handwriting is so bad I darent sign them! lol

7:08 AM  
Blogger davidsmeaton said...

jan 8 (the flute) and today's quill are your best shots. very nice dof and composition. i think your portraits of your friend (janine??) show a lot of potential ... maybe something you can work on.

cheers

david
super-dave.com

7:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I really like the 1st photo. Calligraphy must be a relaxing hobby.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Michael P. Randazzo said...

It is from a slower time where the wisdom of the ages is hidden. This is a timeless shot.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Lovely use of DoF. The old quills are great. Well done.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com