Download unlimited stock photos!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

By gum, I think she's got it!




I solemnly swear that I won't post anymore water droplet shots for several months!!! :-) But I feel like when I try something new, I want to keep at it until I get the results that I was looking for. So many times when I set out to shoot a photo, I have a specific look or idea in my head. Maybe it's trying to mimic a great image I've seen or simply trying to evoke a particular mood....but I find it hard to move on until I've got something at least close to right!

So thank you for your patience as I've posted several similar shots this week....but I'm very happy with my results tonight. This is pretty darn close to what I was looking for. I think that having some studio strobes would probably be about the only part of the equation that's missing. The added light would allow me to get a better focus, use a better DOF, and reduce my ISO.

Soon. I will have them soon. *I hope!*

7 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

Don't worry, you can be proud of this :D

6:37 AM  
Blogger Michael P. Randazzo said...

I agree, keep up the good work.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could learn so fast :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger talj said...

I've enjoyed watching you learn! Keep at it :o)

3:55 PM  
Blogger asim said...

i love droplet shots... don't be so quick to push them aside and make us wait a few months for more :-)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Zippy said...

Great water droplets. Is it hard to time it right?

1:38 AM  
Blogger Ancientimages said...

I am inspired by your perseverence. I like this one a lot, but I hope you keep on until you have one exactly like the picture in your mind. Good work!!!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com