Download unlimited stock photos!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

PAW 3 delayed a bit




Please accept my apologies for not having a "Friends & Family" shot ready for today. The friend who was supposed to fill that slot this week had a death in the family, so I decided that being there for her in whatever way I could was more important. It's been a rough week for her.

But there have been some good things, too. It snowed for the first time (well, that stuck!) last night. And the Bears are going to the SuperBowl! So here you have another photo of behind my house and the almost two inches of snow that fell. I've been playing around with the High Pass filter and different blending modes lately, so this photo is pretty heavily processed. But I wanted to give it a very different feel from the other shot of the backyard.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is an interesting effect, but not sure I'm crazy about the halos around the little bush or the ridge of trees. However, I like the landscape shot very much. It looks beautiful where you live!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Obsidian said...

I agree with puzzled about the beauty of where you live and about the halos. I suffer from halos when using the high pass filter and found a cure by switching into "LAB colour" mode and sharpening on the luminance layer only. Seems to work well...

3:34 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I like the foreground plants setting up the background. The effect is a bit strong for my taste, but I heartily agree that trying new effects is a great idea, and I applaud your experimentation.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

A bit too much for my liking i'm afraid. The processing has become the subject and I don't see much of a picture left.

4:38 AM  
Blogger evanhuntphoto.com said...

mmmm snow

11:07 AM  
Blogger Mike Holley said...

Hmmm... I'm with the over processed camp on this one. How does the original image look?

5:33 PM  
Blogger thelobster said...

Your PAD is looking great - I'm going to Pompeii in July - 'll leave a wide angle lens behind the third tree from the main gates

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love to experiment too. I think I would prefer the original here though. ;)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com