Download unlimited stock photos!

Friday, January 06, 2006



I'm in the field of Early Childhood Education, and it's so much fun to be around kids! There's a part of me that feels like I can really be myself around them--be the 5 year old that's hidden behind "responsible adult activties." It's amazing to me to see all of the new experiences of young children happen on a day-to-day basis. I love watching them try at something for the first time and the smiles on their faces when they finally succeed.

So, this picture represents my inner child, I guess :-) I wanted to do something that was reminiscent of a children's book illustration...or perhaps even a child's drawing. For this photo, I used the Colored Pencil filter as well as the Paint Daubs filter for a little added colored area.

I know it's not a very "realistic" photo...but it reminds me of that book "Corduroy."

2 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

While I've never offically gotten my Early Childhood Educator certificate, I've been in the field of childcare for a little over 10 years now.

It's always interesting to read about others' experiences in the field.

I'm currently the live-in caregiver of a 22 month old, and part-time caregiver of her 8 year old sister (on days she doesn't have school). It's rewarding, fun, and all of that.. but my time I believe is done, and I'll be leaving the field in June to more strongly pursue photography and other more mundane aspects of life. I need to find my identity away from children again :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger kaye said...

Who knew there were so many early childhood folks in this PaD project! I'm a kindergarten teacher and I love it. Where else can you get paid to draw, have pretend tea parties, and play with Legos? It was probably smart to take a picture of the bear... he will sit still much longer than any of the kids!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com