Download unlimited stock photos!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Winter Tree



Yesterday we were under a blizzard warning. The day before, we had gotten 6 inches of snow which seemed to continually blow across the roads. I haven't checked all reports yet, but we were supposed to get another 6 inches yesterday.....something I think Mother Nature more than managed.

Business, schools, and even some health clinics shut down early or spent the day closed. I was lucky enough to have my work close before the roads got too bad, and a block from my house I saw this scene. Got home, warmed up a bit and then gathered all my winter gear to treck down the block on foot with my camera.

I wish I could have captured the snow as it appeared to my eye--swirling little demons of snow that were so thick it looked like a wall of fog around this tree.

Today, the wind is much more still and the sun is shining....so I don't think a reshoot will be possible :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

This is a beautiful photo

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the atmosphere here! *shivers* very cold feeling.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com