Download unlimited stock photos!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Take stock in practice



Been trying my hand at some stock photography in the last few months. Now that I have my DLSR, I'm starting to feel the itch for new lenses!! :-) Everybody told me I would--and it looks like they're right! It makes sense to me that one of the better ways to fund my photography addiction might be with my photography. After all, if I can't make enough to contribute even slightly to the hobby...perhaps I don't need to go out and spend a fortune buying equipment ;-)

At any rate, I was practicing some stock stuff today. Been trying to get myself in that frame of mind, which I find rather difficult. I'm not used to taking a simple image of every day items. I really kinda prefer the more "artsy" stuff. But, of course, if you want to sell a product, it has to be what the market wants!

This was a first attempt at the "Medical" category. Realized only *after* I uploaded the pics to my computer that I'd had the ISO set WAY too high! So there's been some NeatImage done to this shot. Other than that, just your very basic adjustments: Levels, Contrast, Crop, Resize. If anyone has any tips on what might make this stand out more to a potential buyer, I'm hoping to do a reshoot tomorrow! Lighting is a particular problem for me, as I don't have any of that equipment and have to make due with the lights around the apartment.

Thanks a bunch!

3 Comments:

Blogger mk said...

Good luck with the stock! I want to start practicing on some too but have a hard time feeling inspired to do it when the time comes.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Laurie L. Black said...

That's a fun stock shot...great color! :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger kaye said...

I'm no good with lighting myself, so I can't help there. My only suggestion was to spread them out a bit more. They look just heaped in a pile? More like they're spilling out of something maybe? Anyway, good luck with the stock shots!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com