Download unlimited stock photos!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Threads




Another bit of practice with stock photography, though I don't know if I'll end up submitting it or not. But, there's some history that made me think of the idea. When I was a little girl, I spent a fair amount of time with my mom, who taught me how to sew. We worked on clothes for dolls, quilts, halloween costumes....and, as I got older--even prom dresses. It was always time that I really enjoyed spending with my mom--something for just us girls. It meant a lot to me then. I felt so grown up, learning to use the sewing machine.

I hope that someday it's a skill that I can pass on down to my future children :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that it would be more effective to have the spools not so uniform but I like the shot. Nice story to go with it to. Good job :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Ohhh nice mild colors, I like it!!! And very nice to have a narrative to go with the pic!
Mike

8:46 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I like the warm colors of the threads, just agree that the composition could be better. I love reading the narratives people give with their images.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! vicodin http 69.50.191.521055

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo A Day 2007 - DPChallenge.com